- Location: Johannesburg or Cape Town, South Africa
- Employment Type: Full-time
About Panda Health:
The world is suffering from a mental health pandemic. It will cost the world $16 trillion p.a. by 2030, and impacts almost 1 billion people annually. This pandemic is not only impacting individuals and families, but it also creates a massive burden on business. Panda aims to solve these problems.
Panda has a WFH development environment with 15-minute daily standups. We have an office in Johannesburg, and are hiring staff primarily in Johannesburg or Cape Town.
We are looking for experienced React Native developers for our mental health mobile application (search Join Panda on app stores).
The candidate will be required to create new features, and maintain and improve old ones. The mobile app connects to a REST-based Python backend.
- Work on a high performance team with a startup culture
- Coordinate with development teams and designers to develop web applications that run on numerous platforms
- Using React Native, design and develop user interface components for our mobile app.
- Troubleshoot issues and improve front-end performance
- Write reusable, effective, as well as scalable code and create interchangeable front-end modules
- Understand business requirements and work with our Product Owner to design solutions
- Plan the data and presentation layer of the applications’ front-end
- Degree in Computer Science/IT with 3 years of experience OR 5+ years of industry experience
- Familiarity with React Native
- In-depth knowledge of React.js and its fundamentals
- Knowledge of UI/UX designs and wireframes
- Hands-on experience with React tools like Webpack, Enzyme, React.js, Flux, and Redux
- Experience with remote work
- Intermediate or senior level employee
- Public GitHub with work we can evaluate
- Experience with Python
- Experience with REST-based APIs
- Experience in a startup environment
- Experience with machine learning
Benefits and Perks
- Career & growth opportunities
- Good compensation
- ESOP (stock options)
- Highly experienced team
- Work on something that matters, focusing on the mental health pandemic
- Use/learn OpenAI and custom machine learning models
- Pay based on abilities